Thursday, May 31, 2012

Bourbon Street Chicken

the other day I was talking with a group of women about recipes and they were shocked to find out that I very rarely cook the same thing twice. I love to cook new things - I think it is the most awesome feeling to cook a meal that everyone loves - I'll keep my feelings to myself about how I feel when I've slaved in the kitchen for a meal that everyone dislikes - it pretty much ruins my night. Anyway, if I find a recipe that is fantastic, I save it and will make it again but I'll wait a while. When Brian and I first married I made the same 5 meals and it ruined those foods for me. We had them so much that today the thought of parmesan chicken and spaghetti make me lose my appetite. So when I find a good one, I will only make it for special occasions. I love to read cookbooks since I am constantly on the hunt for new recipes and obviously I love Pinterest - that makes recipe hunting so easy!! I thought I would start posting some of my favorites.

This one was SOOOOOOO good and super easy to make - under 30 minutes!! Can't beat that!

Bourbon Street Chicken
from www.mmmcafe.blogspot.com




from www.mmmcafe.blogspot.com

Chicken
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbs. oil (for frying)
4 Tbs. cornstarch

Sauce
1 garlic clove (minced)
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 cup apple juice
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2 tablespoon ketchup
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup soy sauce (or Bragg Liquid Aminos to be GF)

Cut chicken breasts into bit sized pieces, and lightly dust with cornstarch. Heat oil in your wok or frying pan and fry chicken until lightly browned. Drain chicken on paper towels and set aside.

In a separate bowl combine all sauce ingredients. Pour into wok or frying pan and bring to a boil. Add chicken back to the pan, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over rice or quinoa...delish!

Serves 4.



No comments: