Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Beach

Our 10th wedding anniversary is May 31 so we decided to head to the beach for a few days of R&R. Since we have to factor babysitters into the equation we decided to go over Memorial Day Weekend. We headed out Thursday morning and came home Monday night. It was wonderful and way too quick! 

The first night we had dinner at Henderson Park Inn, it was fantastic. That place is gorgeous and the food was excellent plus you can't beat sitting on the deck overlooking the ocean.


We stayed at a little place that was right on the beach. We just opened our back door and walked into the sand. There were no high rises around us so there was plenty of room to spread out. 

Every morning I wandered out to the beach to have my coffee. Then Brian and I would take a walk on the beach, then we would camp out all day under the sun and then head up to get ready for dinner. We ate out at our favorite spots in Destin - Graffiti's, The Back Porch, The Crab Trap and our new favorite Cuvee. We would eat and then head to the outlet mall after dinner, we didn't want to take up an entire day at the mall so we would just shop for an hour or so after dinner at night. 

my morning view while having coffee

yes, I was cold. Brian though it was hilarious so he took a picture. Only I would get cold on the beach :)


 Apparently this is the new way to fish. We saw several guys doing this, one guy was even standing on the top of his ladder. I don't know how they kept their balance. It was fun to watch.

Every night Brian would smoke a cigar on our porch. I snapped this photo of the moon over the beach while we were out on the porch one night. 

This is what happens when I ask to take a picture of Brian. He hates to have his picture taken so he just acts silly, he's worse than the kids.

Here he is finally acting normal at The Back Porch :)

And this is what happens when I ask him to take my picture - sheesh!

I sure am missing that view from my porch!