Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Loft Bed

Brian recently helped a friend move and in the process they built bunk beds for his kids. After that he was all about building Emi bunk beds and once he told her about it they were ganging up on me and I really didn't have a say in the matter. So, of course, I start thinking about how cute it would be if it was a loft bed with a fort underneath with curtains and a bean bag chair, new bedding and we could hang her pink christmas lights in the top of the fort - oh my! I was starting to get really excited! In my head it was looking something like this

and in Brian's head it was going to look something like this
ummmm NO!!!! This was not going in my little girl's room! So I thoughtfully found some plans for a loft bed on the internet (and yes, they were 36 pages long - big deal!) So nice of me you say? well, Brian had other words for me and my 36 page plans but he gave in because he's awesome that way and I think he just really wanted to play in the fort :)

Here we are at Lowe's gathering supplies

getting started

we recruited Kevin

here is my spot - hey, somebody has to supervise and take pictures for the blog!


assembled what they could in the garage and are finishing up in her room

Emi was helping just like her Momma does - hey, somebody had to watch Tangled!

finished!!! And only after 10 hours of labor, 2 hours of painting and 3 hours of curtain sewing.

She seriously loves it. I can't keep her out of her room.


No comments: