Saturday, October 4, 2008

KK and Emi


Kevin is my 15 year old brother who Emi has renamed KK. Every Monday through Friday Emi, Jack and I go pick up KK from Houston High School and stay with him until 4 or 5. This is my third year of picking him up after school, it has just become part of our everyday routine. When Emi was first born Kevin really didn't have much interest in her but all of a sudden he has come around and does almost everything for her. On Tuesdays and Thursdays I pick him up from school before I get Emi from her school. When we get to Emi's school, Kevin goes straight to her classroom, gets her bag and any papers she might have to bring home, he looks at the bulletin board to she what she did in school that day, gets her out of the classroom, walks her hand-in-hand to the car and buckles her in. When we get to my parents house, he gets her out of the car and takes her in the house and fixes her a snack and he does all of this without me saying a word. I love to see that he is coming around to her. She spends most of her time in his room bugging the snot out of him by misplacing his precious baseballs but he tolerates her and she just giggles when he gets on to her. I love to see the two of them playing together - I just had to comment on that.

1 comment:

jennifer said...

my sister is a senior this year at houston. isn't it fun to have younger siblings?