Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Carving Pumpkins

Every year I get so excited to go to the pumpkin patch and pick out pumpkins to carve, I even made Brian do this before we had kids. So, off we went the the pumpkin patch and picked out:
1 large pumpkin - Daddy
1 medium pumpkin - Mommy
1 little girl pumpkin - Emi
1 baby pumpkin - Jack

The carving day quickly approached, we set everything up outside and got started. After doing one pumpkin, I was totally over it and was wondering what the heck I had gotten myself into. Now I know why my parents never carved pumpkins for themselves, and why they only did ours. But, we pushed forward and got all 4 of them cleaned out and carved. They did look pretty cute, if you want my totally unbiased opinion. We let Emi draw on hers with markers and after about 2 minutes she was totally over having anything do to with a pumpkin - maybe next year she will have a little more "pumpkin enthusiasm".



2 comments:

jennifer said...

look at those cute pumpkins!

jennifer said...

I tagged you on my blog!